Makes- 6 Peoples
- 24 eggplant/ brinjal
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mustard oil For Filling
- 2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 2 pieces chopped green chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-inch grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- For the stuffing take a small bowl and mix all the ingredients. Keep aside until required.
- Then, wash and cut the stem of the brinjals. Slit the brinjals and be careful that you don’t cut the whole baingan, leave the ends closed.
- Stuff the brinjals with the masala stuffing and put them in a plate. Keep aside. Heat one tablespoon mustard oil in a heavy-bottomed pan or kadhai .
- Place the stuffed brinjals in the pan and stir to coat the brinjals with oil. Cover the pan with a lid and let the brinjals cook for about 10 minutes on low flame. In few minutes, open the lid and flip brinjals to cook from the other side as well.
- Once both sides are cooked, add the left-over mixture and cook for another few minutes. Keep on checking after 2-3 minutes to see if the brinjals are cooked. Once cooked, garnish with cilantro leaves and serve hot with roti.