Makes – 8 thepla (4 sandwich)
To make methi thepla:
- 1/4 cup fenugreek leaves, chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Water to make soft dough
To prepare sandwiches:
- ¼ cup hung curd
- ½ tsp of cumin powder
- ¼ cup green chutney
- 2 large tomatoes, round sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, round sliced
- 40 gms cottage cheese, crumbled
- Chaat Masala
- 4 tsp of oil for roasting
- First mix all the ingredients of thepla in medium sized bowl and make a soft dough using water.
- Rest it for 15 mins.
- Now divide it into 8 equal portions.
- Roll two portions and roast them lightly on both the sides by applying oil.
- Prepare other theplas using same method.
- How to make theplas sandwiches:
- Whisk hung curd and cumin powder and set aside
- Now take one thepla, apply hung curd, green chutney on it.
- Place tomato and cucumber slices on it.
- Top it with crumbled cottage cheese and chaat masala.
- Now take one more thepla and place it on first thepla to make sandwich.
- On a nonstick pan, grill this sandwich on both the sides.
- Your thepla sandwich is ready, serve it hot immediately with green chutney.