Makes- 7 Cups
- 2 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoon raw peanuts, ground coarsely
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- ½ cup coriander seeds
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 2 red chillies, broken
- ½ tablespoon ghee
- 2 clove
- 1 teaspoon chana dal
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 5 pinches salt
- 4 medium carrot, grated
- 2 medium onion
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- Wash and cook the rice. Allow to cool.
- Now, heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add cumin, coriander and red chillies and sauté for a minute. Allow it to cool and grind to a coarse powder (this step gives an extra flavour).
- In the fresh pan, add ghee. Add cloves, cinnamon, chana dal and sauté.
- After 30 seconds, add chopped onion and fry to golden.
- Now add grated carrot and sauté on low flame till carrot is cooked. After sometime, add rice and mix gently.
- Add salt and ground masala powder, peanut powder. Stir and remove from the flame.
- Serve hot with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Note: You can also use the cumin powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and add them towards the end too.