Makes – 16 lettuce rolls
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, (optional)
- Crushed chilli flakes (to taste)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium flame.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, and green onions, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients of the sauce.
- Add sauce to the pan of vegetables and chicken. Add cilantro. toss everything until combined. Switch off the flame.
- Spoon mixture into individual lettuce cups.