Makes -8 khakras
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 2 pinches powdered turmeric
- 1½ tablespoon kasoori methi powder
- 4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1¼ cup water
- salt as required
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- You can add flavours like pudina/pavbhaji masala etc
- Take a bowl and mix wheat flour, red chili powder, salt, ghee, turmeric powder, and water. Knead this mixture into a stiff dough.
- Now make small balls out of the dough and cover it with a muslin cloth. Next take these balls and roll them to get a circle shape resembling a chapati. Now turn on the gas on low heat and heat your griddle.
- Roast the khakra on the heated griddle and keep on roasting it till you get a golden colour on both the sides of the khakra. To make your khakra even more crispy, press it gently while it is on the griddle with the help of a cotton cloth.