Makes- 4 Cups
- 1 cup black eyed beans, soaked and boiled
- 1 cup kidney beans, soaked and boiled
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup steamed corn kernels
- 1 red onion, chopped
- For the Dressing
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- In a large bowl, combine beans, bell peppers, corn, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Season to taste with hot sauce and chili powder.
- Pour the dressing over vegetables as per the requirement; mix well. Chill thoroughly, and serve cold.
Note: You can use the above dressing for various salads.