Makes- 6 Peoples
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 300 gms of soaked cooked cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 5 stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1 quart chicken broth/ vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni/ pasta
- Melt butter in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots; saute for a few minutes.
- Add beans, cabbage, tomatoes, tomato paste, potato, stock, garlic, parsley, and salt to the pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for approximately 1 hour until vegetables are barely tender.
- Add pasta, and simmer for 30 minutes more. Correct seasoning, and serve hot.