Makes- 6 cups
- 4 stalks lemongrass, pounded and cut into small stripes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon galangal, peeled and grated
- 6 cups chicken broth stock/vegetable broth
- 2 red chillies,
- 8 Kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 1 cups of mushrooms, sliced (225 g)
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup bokchoy leaves, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (+ 1-2 tablespoons, if needed)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- ¼ cup tofu,cubed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- For garnish: Cilantro, Green onion, Lime wedges
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil and lemongrass stalks. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Once lemongrass is fragrant, add sliced onion. Saute for 2 minutes, or until onion begins to soften. Then add garlic and galangal, cooking for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add vegetable stock, reed chillies, and Kaffir lime leaves. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cover with a lid. Simmer for 20-25 minutes. At this stage remove the lemon grass from the pot.
- Add tomatoes and mushrooms to the soup. Simmer, uncovered, for approximately 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft. Season with ¼ cup lemon juice. Stir to mix well. Taste soup, and adjust seasoning by adding more lime juice and Sriracha if desired.
- To serve, transfer noodles into bowls. Ladle soup on top. Garnish with chopped cilantro, green onions, and/or lime wedges.